Dream Studio Apartments
Accommodation provider for BioGrad residential courses
The hotel is rated 4/5 on Trip Adviser and 8.1/10 on Booking.com.
For further details and information on rooms please see: https://dreamapartments.co.ukserviced-apartments-liverpool
Each studio apartment includes free superfast Wi-Fi, 42” smart TV with digital channels and DVD player, private bathroom with power shower, complimentary toiletries and hair dryer plus a kitchen area with tea & coffee making facilities, microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge.
The apartments have parking facilities on site and a 24 hour manned reception desk.
Fees and payment
Accommodation is provided for 5 nights (Sunday afternoon to Friday morning). Each studio costs £50 a night.
To reserve accommodation, please select the relevant box when booking your course. Your accommodation will be held until 28 days before your course is due to start. You will be able to make payment at any time by clicking the link on your course confirmation e-mail.
Arrival and departure
Students must arrive between 4pm and 6pm on the Sunday afternoon before their course starts. Students will be greeted by the BioGrad Accommodation/Child Protection Officer upon arrival and handed their key cards.
The BioGrad staff will be on hand between 4pm and 6pm to answer any questions about the accommodation and to let students know the schedule for the following day.
Students must check out on Friday morning before the course starts. Luggage can be stored at the hotel reception or in the secure luggage storage facilities at Liverpool Science Park.
BioGrad has set a strict COVID-19 policy to keep out students, staff and all of our families safe during this global pandemic. The below procedures apply to all students staying in BioGrad residential accommodation:
- Students are required to follow government guidelines on social distancing for 14 days before their arrival to reduce their risk of contamination
- Students who have COVID-19 symptoms, or who are in isolation with a family member with COVID-19 symptoms 14 days before their course start date must contact BioGrad to change the date of their course. No fees will be charged for students to move course or accommodation.
- Group accommodation, group dining and evening activities have been suspended until further notice. This is in line with updated Duke of Edinburgh Award guidelines and will not impact students ability to achieve their DofE Gold residential award on BioGrad courses.
- Students will be required to have breakfast in their room each morning, bring a packed lunch to the course each day and cook their own evening meal (or order a take-away).
- Students should bring their food for the week.
- BioGrad medical staff will be present to greet students upon arrival alongside the BioGrad Accommodation/Child Protection officer. All students will be screened for COVID-19 upon arrival and asked to stay in their own studio apartment until the laboratory results are available (before breakfast the following day).
- This COVID-19 test is a free service for all BioGrad staff and students.
- Students who test negative for COVID upon arrival will be permitted to start their course as normal on Monday morning.
- After testing negative for COVID-19 students may only visit 2 locations in Liverpool for the 5 days of the course, BioGrad laboratories in Liverpool Science Park and Dream Apartments. This will significantly reduce risk of COVID contamination as all BioGrad staff and students are tested weekly.
- COVID-19 infection rates are still relatively low throughout the UK, we do not anticipate many positive results, especially when students are following government guidelines for 14 days before attending the course. We will assist students who test positive for COVID-19 with empathy and understanding. If the student has no symptoms it is likely that they are an asymptomatic carrier, however we cannot risk other students, our staff and their families who may have risk factors for the infection. On the rare occasion that a student tests positive for COVID-19, they will be informed before 9am on the Monday morning and will have 2 choices:
- They may self-isolate in the studio apartment for up to 2 weeks. Dream Apartments will allow one family member to enter the apartment to take care of the student if required. Staff at the apartments will be available to organise food deliveries to the suite. Students selecting this option may need to pay for the additional week accommodation but will not be charged for an additional guest.
- A student who has tested positive may leave the facilities, but only if collected by a family member or guardian in the car park. The student will be provided with personal protective equipment whilst they exit to avoid contaminating public areas of the hotel. We cannot release students to public transport.
- Students will be sent a COVID-19 information sheet before the course starts. Each student should go through this with their family and decide how they would like to receive their COVID-19 test results (and whether would like a family member to be informed if they test positive). Each student will be asked to outline a plan of action for the event of testing COVID positive and BioGrad staff will act upon these wishes in the rare case of a positive test.
- Students will be offered to option of a second test at the end of the course so they can be certain of their COVID status before returning home. BioGrad will not be charging staff or laboratory costs for this service, however there will be a £72 fee to cover laboratory reagents of the second test.
Students aged 16 and 17 years old
We do not allow students under 16 years of age to attend a residential course without a supervising adult. If you have booked for a child aged 16-17 years old (at the time of attending) they will be covered by our child protection policy. All students under the age of 18 years old must provide a signed consent form on the first day of the course, including parent/guardian contact details.
Forms are provided in the booking confirmation email sent to the email address entered at the time of booking the course. *If you enter your child’s email address please ensure that our child brings these forms on the first day of the course*. Any students who attend without these signed forms will not be permitted to stay in the accommodation.
Students will be introduced to their receptionist who will be responsible for contacting parents should students misbehave or not return by the pre-set curfew (this will be reviewed weekly in line with government guidance on the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak), students will be informed of their curfew upon arrival). Students will be signed in to the hotel upon arrival and signed out each time they leave the building. Students under the age of 18 years old must be inside the hotel by curfew or their parents will be informed IMMEDIATELY.
“As a mother of 3 daughters (aged 18, 23 & 25), I understand the fears that parents have when their children go away from home for the first time. I am here to reassure worried parents that children receive a level of care and support that I would expect for my own. I am at The Art House Hotel each Sunday afternoon for the welcome talk and am happy to speak with parents at check in. I am also available at the BioGrad training centre during the course teaching times, acting as the first point of contact for students who have any questions.
I am available to contact directly any time at Sam.Higgins@BioGrad.co.uk with enquiries”.
Sam Higgins, BioGrad Child Protection Officer